Sherpa Men's Manaslu Hooded Jacket
The Manaslu keeps your core toasty warm while leaving your arms more freed up to swing and climb – important when you're on your way up, churning through mixed snow and ice at high-altitude.
The torso has a wind- and water-resistant Pertex® Quantum® ripstop shell and insulation, and the arms, side panels and hood are shielded in breathable, warm Polartec® PowerStretch® fleece.
This season, we changed the core insulation to Polartec® Alpha® because of its awesome breathability – which translates to dry comfort when you're on the move.
• 20 x 20 denier Pertex® Quantum® shell is featherlight, windproof, water-resistant, and extremely strong for its weight
• Polartec® Alpha® insulation is breathable, warm, very lightweight, quick-to-dry, insulates even when wet, and wind-resistant
• An air-permeable lining pulls moisture away from the body and increases air flow to the insulation for faster dry time
• Sleeves, side panels, and hood are made of Polartec® PowerStretch®, a four-way stretch fabric that provides mobility, exceptional breathability, and abrasion-resistance
• There are no seams at shoulder tops or hips; nothing to chafe under pack straps, waist belt or harness
• Snug-fitting hood can be worn under a climbing helmet
• Zip hand pockets are placed high to avoid interference with a pack belt or harness
• Hidden chest pocket is placed on the right for less bulky layering; it aligns nicely with our mid-layer pieces, which typically have pockets on the left side (pockets don’t “stack” on top of one another)
Core shell fabric: Pertex® Quantum: 100% triple ripstop polyamide nylon treated with DWR finish, Core insulation: Polartec® Alpha® (100 gsm), Sleeves, side panels, and hood: Polartec® Power Stretch®: 85% polyester/15% spandex