Grivel Air Tech New-Matic Crampons
A new generation of crampons. Ten points in contact with ice while you’re walking, 12 that bite into the slope during traverses. This has been made possible because the third pair of points are shorter and wider apart. On top of this the last two front points have a double angulation to maintain bite when descending or traversing sideways.
- The crampons points are short and designed for the new requirements of “mixed modern’s” alternating ice and rock. Sharp points are ideal for anchoring on ice “cauliflowers” and when in traction or adherence. Even the soles of the most modern boots are perfectly covered
- Semi-rigid model in one adjustable size
- The bar can be regulated by hand, in two different lengths
- These New version has a new binding made in “bi-components” giving greater efficiency and lightness.
- It is really an “all seasons” crampon, very light and takes up a minimum of space as it folds up completely on itself.
An evolution of the Cramp-O-Matic system which utilises the C-O-M rear bale and lever. The plastic harness system is hinged from two front posts which retain the boot securely even if it has a shallow, worn front welt or overboots are being used. It is a simple and efficient binding, being far more versatile than the original Cramp-O-Matic style. Made in dual-component plastic: the black part is stronger, bearing the strain whilst the yellow part is softer, increasing adherence to the boot. The harness is made from the strongest, most durable plastic available -Zytel DuPont, which was developed for the manufacture of alpine ski bindings. Obviously it cannot last forever, so please, after long and severe use replace the harness the same way you would resole trekking boots or rock climbing shoes.