DMM Alpha Light Carabiner
Sold OutDMM wanted to improve on their super light Phantom carabiner and this is what they had in mind when they started to design the Alpha Light.
They were after a larger size traditional climbing biner with all the weight advantages of the Phantom, but better handling and a bigger gate opening. So they kinked the backbone to increase the gate opening and put a grooved pattern on the outside of the biner under the natural holding positions.Basically a lighter version of the Alpha, 6g lighter to be precise.
The functionality improvements did not end there though, a clean nose design was also added to reduce snagging when clipping or unclipping.
- Ultra lightweight clean nosed wire gate biner
- Strong and super lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle, grippy shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Clean nose profile to reduce snagging
- Strength (Gate Closed): 24kN
- Strength (Gate Open): 9kN
- Strength (Minor Axis): 7kN
- Gate Opening: 25mm
- Weight: 73g (12cm)